|
|
|
| Ikea & the West Edmonton Mall (the largest mall in North America) were our main attractions on our get-a-way to Alberta over Easter weekend. The big mall was built before the Mall of America, by the same guys, and is much more spread out compared to the Mall of America. They had a few stores that I didn't even know were in Canada, such as Victoria's Secret & Bath & Body Works, so I picked up a few things I thought I was going to have to wait until August to buy. Overall, we didn't buy much. As far as baby purchases, we've decided to just choose one item to focus on the next few weekends so we can stop looking & starting actually getting a few items. (!) Everyone says a baby doesn't need much, but I would imagine it makes your life easier if a few items are ready when he or she arrives! |
 |
| Rink inside the mall. They also had a small water park and sea lion/penguin show area. The place was a zoo...not because of these animals....it was just FULL of people! I spoke with one worker who said it actually is much calmer than a few years ago. I've never felt claustrophobic at a food court, but I was close at this mall. |
 |
Growing! Almost 30 weeks or a bit over 7 mo. Almost didn't get one of the boots zipped up; may have to retire them for the year.
Eric thought it would be important that I was evenly posed with the lamp & ice bucket, I guess :). |
 |
| Eric took this & then got nervous the elevator door would open & we would look like a couple of goofs, which I suppose we did anyway. |
Like I said before, the drive was nice. It was good to get out of town for awhile. Earlier this week, I was talking with a friend (who is also 7 mo. along) about the long weekend & our travels to Edmonton and she said their group of four actually drove to South Dakota spur of the moment to specifically go to Deadwood (because they liked the show?). They stayed 2 nights & then drove back!! 11 hours there & back! Can you imagine? This is a perfect example of
what I was talking about...nuts!
Manny was just in Deadwood. Good idea for a half-way visit (12 hours for us). Sue F.
ReplyDelete