Discovery Bottles:
| I found this idea a website called The Imagination Tree. I've kept them in a corner under our island area, so when she cruises into the kitchen there is something interesting to look at while I'm cooking supper. To be honest, I think she thinks they are okay. But, they were minimal in effort and basically free. Soap, water, food coloring, popcorn, rice, straws, and pipe cleaners. |
Pulling out Fabric:
| Great use of a diaper wipes case. Filled with socks, fabrics, bandana. At almost 10 mo, she just started becoming interested in pulling the fabric out. |
We've also tried finger painting, but she's maybe a bit young and it was so, so messy! At one point she sprawled out on her stomach on the paint and paper! There was paint on the floor, her hands, her feet, my leg....I just started laughing and quickly halted that project.
We've blown bubbles in the bathtub. She also thought that was just so-so; she's a tough audience!
Her favorite indoor activities are actually the more basic ones of reading books, riding "airplane," singing songs and rhymes, and just recently, dancing! She also loves emptying out any container, especially her diaper bag. Next project is to teach her to fill it back up.
We have also lots of this kind of stuff this winter. Gwen LOVES her big bin of beans and rice. Last week, I made a bin of Moon sand... SO COOL. You can find great recipes on Pinterest (of course).
ReplyDeleteEmma loves to dance, too - can't wait to get them together!! :)
ReplyDelete