Two days after our arrival to a hotel in Saskatoon, we headed west to Banff, Alberta, a beautiful ski town. We enjoyed the best food....maple-crusted salmon & elk burgers! I enjoyed the unique shops and we saw two cow elk in the woods on our walk into town on the first night. I was hoping to see more wildlife, but the elk were quite neat & two tame deer wandered around by our hotel. Also in attendance for the conference, our friend Nick arrived from IL and Alex and Thomas made the long trek from New Zealand. The five of us spent a day outside of Banff at two lakes. For our first trip in Canada, Banff did not disappoint.
| The mountains were so close! |
| Canada Day Parade |
| Poutine (a version of it anyway) |
| First Nation Pow Wow for Canada Day |
Oh, my goodness. I saw that tea house on PBS or some documentary and have wanted to do the hike and visit it. Cody is not so much a hiker but I love it. What gorgeous scenery! I'll have to read some more to discover what you're doing way up in Canada. Feel free to drop in on the blog at anytime.
ReplyDelete