June 13, 2012

A Name is the Name of the Game

Naming a child is a tough job.  Like Eric's aunt said "well, the child is stuck with the name for the rest of their lives!"    

Everyone says "oh, you will just know when you look at that child."  I have a hard time believing that, but I hope it's true!

The word on the Canadian day care street is to avoid the "axton" names: Paxton, Daxton, Jaxson, etc and the "aidens":  Aiden, Hayden, Caiden, etc

Liam is the popular boy name, again....according to the word.  And Cameron & McKenzie are popular girl names (interesting, I thought).

The women in my Pilates class had girls named Ava, Eva (x2), Eve, and Avery, so obviously those are popular  (also very beautiful names.)  The two boys born were Riley and Jack.

We really have no choice, however, but to choose a name very, very soon!! 

3 comments:

  1. Cameron is not a girl's name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can always change their name to something else when they grow up, like Savage ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Each made separate lists and then narrowed each list to 5. Then, our lists of 5 to three. THEN, we compared our lists of 3 and came up with the "master list" of three.

    So...to the hospital with three names. When she came out, even before I got to hold her, Mike said, "she is definitely NOT an Elliana."

    When I finally got to hold her, I just knew... sounds so cliche (and God must be laughing at me, because for a LONG time, I thought I would for sure have a Lucy).

    I'm so excited for you. Just remember, no matter what, at some point...they're gonna hate their name. I remember always wanting to be named Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!