September 21, 2012

3 Months!!

Last weekend, Annabel turned 3 months old. We have been busy with a Eric's work picnic, meeting other moms and their babies for walks, and Skyping with family.  She is so much fun!!!


It got a bit chilly the night of Eric's work picnic. She received that adorable knitted hat from our friend Betsy.  Annabel likes to hang onto the strings.

Her hair is now about 2 in. long, grown an inch since birth.

Just chillin' with my hands in my pockets. 

She loves batting and kicking at the animals on her play mat and likes to stare at the turtle on her bouncer.  Her ability to now entertain herself for 10-30 min. with these toys has helped me when I need to take a shower, make supper, or fold some laundry with two hands.  She is a much more content baby these days who loves to suck on her hands.  The other night I heard her over the monitor sucking on her hands and then she must have fallen back to sleep, so I love that she is soothed by them.  She is slowly starting to take interest in rattles and toys.  This morning Eric got her out of bed and propped her up on his pillow while he was getting ready for work.  I woke up, looked over and she was laying there with the blankets tucked tightly at her waist, shaking a rattle in each hand.  So cute!!  She also started grasping toys this week and mouthing them.  I like how she is becoming more content and can sit in my lap and look at a book or just be content in our arms.  And, she now cuddles more by putting her head on our chest....so wonderful!!  When we don't figure out her need fast enough, however, does she ever know how to let us know.  She goes from 0 to 90 in the scream category.


She has been working hard on getting all five fingers plus part of her fist into her mouth.  I think she has further mastered it since this picture.

Last Thursday we moved her to her crib, as her bassinet quarters were getting tight.  She slept in only 1-2 hour chunks for the first 3 nights in her crib.  It may have been in combo with her supposed 3 mo. growth spurt; we are not sure.  The road noise is louder by the nursery and it is cooler.  A noise machine with the ocean waves and an extra blanket may have helped the fourth and fifth night, as she was back to sleeping 5 hours, then another 3 hours.  I hope that continues and lengthens in time.  It was sad moving her across the hall, but she looks so cute in her big crib.










Most of the time, she doesn't mind being on her tummy.  She has surprised us with her ability to roll from her stomach to her back and, other day, she rolled from her back to her belly, but neither of us saw it happen.  We were talking to each other and Eric looked down and saw her on her stomach.  Her latest thing is putting both legs really high in the air, so we think she got them so high she flipped over to her side and then to her stomach.  I love watching her entertain herself by staring at her feet.  She studies them daily possibly thinking "what they heck are these things?"
Out for a walk by the river with a friend and her baby.
I've heard to avoid or at least limit t.v. for a child's first two years.  I see this is going to be a challenge, because whenever Eric is watching football, Annabel's eyes are glued to the screen.  I think it might be the moving colors that is attractive.  She took a swipe at my cell phone the other day and moved the screen, so I guess we can say she is already using a smartphone. ha!
Sporting handmade sweater and booties from Eric's relative Marlene
Actually taking a nap in her crib, although I believe this one lasted less than 10 min.


So far she does not love baths, although there were no tears on her most recent one.  We are starting to think it's a matter of timing: not to late.  She doesn't mind, however, getting her pants changed or getting dressed.  And she is not demanding such an immediate diaper change anymore, which was great as she was just ultra sensitive to wet pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment & say hi!