This weekend Eric and I celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary. Friday night we actually watched a movie-- Crazy, Stupid, Love, which we really enjoyed. Saturday morning we had a great conversation with Grandma June, and Jan and Jean on Skype. It was gorgeous weather; 70s and sunny with minimal wind. We took advantage and went for a picnic and a walk in the woods and along the lake at a provincial park outside of the city. Saturday was a day of firsts for Annabel as she laughed for the first time when I was changing her clothes to go to the park. There was nothing funny occurring, but she let out a clear laugh....but we haven't heard it since. I can't wait for her to do it again! She also rode for the first time in her carrier and feel asleep on Eric's chest. It worked so well as the stroller would have been tough to push in the woods with the wooden stairs and tiny bridges. It must be common for people to feed the birds on the trail, as we had four chickadees lead us on the trail. They jumped from tree limb to tree limb really close to our heads the entire trail. I felt like I was in a Disney movie....but we couldn't decide if it was like a scene from Cinderella, Bambi, or Alice in Wonderland. I guess we need to get caught on our Disney stories.

 |
| This adorable hat was made by Annabel's Great Aunt Janice. On a different day when she was wearing it she started crying in her car seat and then fell asleep. When I stopped the car and came to get her, this hat had fallen over her eyes. No wonder she was crying. And then, maybe in the darkness, she thought her only choice was to fall asleep! |
 |
| Cool shadow shot. |
Thinking back on our wedding day, we remembered how much it poured!! We also remembered how wonderful it was to spend the weekend with so many friends and family. It was an excellent day and really fun night. We loved having a live band. Eric loved having pie.
We were giggling about how we had to go to Walmart after the dance because Eric forgot contact solution. I stayed in the car because I really had zero interest wandering around Walmart in a wedding dress in the middle of the night. (although I would have really thrown that "people from Walmart" thing for a loop) Eric was walking through in his tux thinking he would be the oddest dressed person there, but then he passed a man in a inflatable sumo wrestling costume with an attached air motor. The checkout lady said "you must have been at a wedding." Eric responded. "yep." The lady asked, "who's wedding?" Eric said "mine." We then continued on to the Super 8 (yep, you read that correctly).
In the past six years, we have moved from Urbana to Savoy to Saskatoon, been fortunate to travel quite a bit, and as you may or may not have gathered from reading this blog, we now have a little baby girl who we are quite smitten over.
 |
| Playing in the nursery |
 |
| We were laughing about the way she was lying with her hands and legs straight down, so Eric tried to imitate her but then she moved. |
 |
| I set her down here and she stayed like this for a long, long, time. |
 |
| Skyping in the am, but once again I think her eyes are on the t.v.! |
Update: Tonight, despite having a tough day (was more fussy than usual most of the day/too tired), she laughed for Eric a couple of times!
I just love reading your blog! Happy 6th Anniversary to you both! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family, Heather! Congrats on your anniversary and your beautiful little girl!
ReplyDelete