November 18, 2012

Five Months.

I came from the other room and saw the cat had finally pinned her.



We think she may be starting to teethe as every toy is left in the same condition as if it was played with by a Saint Bernard.  The cutest Saint Bernard in the world, that is.


She continues to love her stomach.  We've made bets as to how long she will stay on her back on her playmat....it's usually less than 2 sec.  Sometimes at night, she has a moment of panic (like...."no, don't leave me like this!") when laid on her back.  She takes a couple quick breaths and then over to her stomach she goes, lets out a breath of relief...then goes to sleep.  Funny girl.



I am enjoying this stage where she can't get too far.  She can turn 360 degrees on her stomach, very slowly, and she tries to move forward to reach toys, but ends up scooting backwards a couple inches. Just the past couple days, she is sitting self supported for a minute or less by leaning forward at the waist with her arms supporting her or holding her arm on one of our legs.  She is really interested in our food lately, reaching out some and watching closely.  We have to be careful with hot drinks now.

Every day we make sure to watch the cars go by on our busy street (hurting for entertainment in this frozen tundra, we are).  She watches just like she would a tennis match.

We had been fighting a bit of a diaper rash, so she was doing a little naked time.


We haven't tried swimming yet and I plan to wait until she is 6 mo, but we've tried a bit of back and leg floating in the bathtub, which she seems to really enjoy.  Lots of splashing in the tub and corralling her two rubber duckies.





I knew it wouldn't be long before she found her toes; I think it was just days past her 4 mo. mark.  One time Eric picked her up rolled into a ball like this to let her continue the excitement on her play mat.  It reminded me of The Popples (my first rented VHS and, yes, we also rented the VCR)

Last month I wrote that she was just starting to reach out at objects.  It's amazing to think that she wasn't doing that just a month ago, as now it seems like she has always been able to reach for toys or things she is curious about.  Incredible how one month blends into another and it's so easy to forget, so I am savoring every moment!
She sits so nice for me while I take a shower and get ready in the morning.  She tucked Sophie the Giraffe in tightly.  She loves to wear that teething ring as a purse.

Testing the limits on her chair..I need to watch her like a hawk.  She is fascinated with the bugs on her feet.



She loves getting a hold on glasses.

Annabel's hair is getting really long and curly!!


Just starting to sit self-supported even if it is at an extreme acute angle.


2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! I'm a bit jealous of her hair!

    Lotrimin works wonders on bad diaper rash. It's OTC for foot fungus, so if the rash is fungal it will clear it up really really fast! My pediatrician told me this and used it on both kids when the rash didn't go away with other diaper creams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is too too cute! It's great to read about her milestones (the OT in me loves that!!) Thanks for continuing to share Heather - it's fun to read about other moms :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!