We had an awesome bike ride on the trails along the river this past weekend, & it was gorgeous weather! When we would travel to Chicago, I loved the lake trails & thought I would be in great shape if I lived there! Well, the trails along the river here really remind me of the lake trails there, so I'm very excited.
Earlier this summer, we picked up some cheap tennis rackets & took advantage of the new, really nice courts about 300 meters from our house. I had to take a time-out about 3 hits in after I hit myself in the back of the head with my racket! No joke. How pathetic. It was even a bit tender for days after that. I also must have been way over-swinging (much like I used to in golf [right, Chuck?!] and occasionally still do), as I was a little sore the next day. My sister showed me a few tennis swings back in high school when she played in the summer tennis club, but other than that, I've never played. Eric has played racquet ball some, so he might have been a little better skilled than I was. It was fun, none the less, & good exercise.
It's going to creep up to the 90s this weekend! I'm hoping we brought the warmer temps. with us & it means it will be a calmer winter. We saw another jackrabbit on the golf course this weekend & it was brown, not white, which I've heard means that winter is further away! Speaking of the jackrabbit---they are the weirdest animals. It's about about size of a small dog, but doesn't hop like a rabbit. Rather it takes off walking like a small deer!! It looks likes it's legs are fake. I hope to get a picture of one some day soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment & say hi!