September 11, 2011

Road Trip

On Saturday of Labor Day weekend, we decided to get out of the city & make a loop north.  Eric had a park picked out to visit, but he also wanted to stop 1.5 hours in to golf 18 holes.  I told him that his plan sounded a tad ambitious (since it was already 11 am), but we could try.  



 We were told we could see some wildlife on the course, but that the deer are usually there in the early morning & a moose had moved on since earlier in the summer.  All we saw was a garter snake slithering across the fairway.  There was plenty of distance between me & the snake, but it still gave me the heebie-geebies.




I only have the attention span for 9 holes, so the last 9, I watched & enjoyed Cheetos & Pepsi!
We made it to the park right at sunset.  Too late to hike by the lake, but that was okay because at that point, we were tired.


After we left the park, we stopped for ice cream.  As I was looking at the flavor choices, I had this conversation with the girl working the counter:
        Me: "what is Bengal Tiger."  
                     Girl:  "it's the same as Tiger, Tiger."  
                                                Me, now smirking: "I guess I don't know what that is."
                           Girl:  "it's orange sorbet & black licorice."
  Me:  "oh, my....no thanks."
I'm sure this is not as funny now, but Eric & I had a good laugh out of it.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. I miss full-horizon sunsets. Too many tall buildings here. I also miss people using pet names like Tiger or Hon. "Heebie Geebies" is a good word, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!