October 07, 2011

Fashion

Right away, I noticed the women in Saskatoon dress quite trendy compared to where we have lived in the Midwest.  Part of it, I'm sure, is just being in a larger city.  I've heard they are even more fashionable in Edmonton.  Also, there are a lot of very pretty, thin women.  It seems like they take more time for recreation and yoga, etc.  During our first week here, I remember saying to Eric "Geez, I better step it up a notch."  Ironically, the very next day I was wearing something that I just threw on, did not look very good, & Eric said in his humor "is that how you're going to 'step it up a notch.' ha ha

On the other hand, women wear yoga pants in all types of settings.  I have seen some not-so-trendy women wear yoga pants with dress shoes & a dress shirt. There is an extremely popular yoga-wear store called lululemon  www.lululemon.com.  EVERYONE wears them -- a lot. (they have also expanded further through the U.S.)  The clothes are quite expensive (close to $100/pair of pants), but they are supposed to make your derriere look amazing!  

Vancouver was even voted one of the worst dressed cities solely because of these pants. 

One article had a lady saying the new rule in Canadian fashion should be that you can only wear yoga pants if you are actually going to do yoga in the next hour.








<------me.........just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment & say hi!