January 11, 2012

Christmas Vacation: Part 2

I put together this puzzle this year.  It was quite easy & only 500 pieces; my Grandma agreed, so this year I got her a much more challenging Rockefeller Tree puzzle.  I'll have to ask her how it was.
For some reason, I didn't take any photos of Christmas.  I guess I was so busy enjoying my time with everyone, it didn't even occur to me.  Chelsea (my sister) & I were able to have a shopping day....so that was fun.  The weekend before Christmas, we had a great visit and dinner with Eric's mom's family that Neil (Eric's brother) hosted.  We were able to play the game Tip of the Tongue see here (so funny!).  I love games, so I was in my glories....it was actually the only game played over the break.  I especially love that game, as young kids up to older adults can play & be successful.  The Friday before Christmas, my immediate family was so lucky to all be able to be together, have lasagna, and open gifts.  The highlight for me was my dad receiving a little smoker/grill from Eric; I had no idea it was something my dad would like, but good thing Eric pays attention to his father-in-law's hints!!  We had lots of laughs, especially when the three guys get together (my dad, my brother Nick, & Eric); you never know what will be done or said!  

Christmas Eve we were fortunate to see some of my mom's family before we attended Christmas Eve candlelight service (my favorite!) at our church in Colfax.  After that service, Eric & I also attended Eric's mom's church service & enjoyed his family post-church gathering, complete with traditional salmon sandwiches.  Christmas day was jam-packed with gatherings: my Grandma & Grandpa's,  then my dad's extended family, and then Eric's extended family....all in the same day.   I was quite exhausted by the end of it, but it was so nice to see & hug everyone!  Of course, we didn't get to see all of our relatives, or see the ones we saw for long enough, but it was good nonetheless.

I was so happy to be able to meet a few friends for lunches:  my friend, Katy, met me in Madison for an oh-too-quick lunch, but I believe I can speak for her & say we were both elated to see each other for even a short bit!!  My good high school friends, Tim & Chuck, met me in Colfax for a nice visit & lunch.  We also made a surprise visit to our friends Katie & Bubba's home in E.C. on our way back from Madison.  We had an awesome, relaxing night visiting & laughing.  Unfortunately their little boy, Will, was sleeping, but I'll just see both of her kids the next time, as she is expecting another!  They are such a refreshing & wonderful couple!  I loved that night! 


Next time we are home visiting, we will have to add some more active activities or an exercise routine.  A lot of sitting, eating, and drinking were on the agenda...and now we are finally beginning to detox!

I was emotional multiple times during the stay as while some things stay the same, other family traditions/dynamics change, but as my Grandma told me "if there is one thing you can count on in this life, it's that it is going to change."

Special thanks to Mom & Dad & June for making Christmas 2011 very nice! 
Enjoying my new slipper socks, given by my brother!
My new food processor from June; haven't tried it out yet..but I will!  On the right is Eric's pineapple growing project.
Eric's making use of his clamp gift from his brother.....he thinks he's so cool now.

Also enjoying his new bird feeder. 
He got excited & has now added a suet feeder, but no luck in attracting any birds as of yet.

Oh, and mom....we are really liking the Scentsy & I've been using the Cherry Blossom Body Cream daily! (maybe that's TMI)


3 comments:

  1. Hey Heather-Very nice blog again-interesting:) You can help me w/my puzzle that never got finished at Christmas(year-2010):/So not good-I loved the snow scene w/the reindeer & lights.Awe.. it sounded like very touching time for you. (Certainly hormones didn't help.) Hey-I am loving your "monkey"socks! I wonder where your bro got them. Let me know, if u find out! You guys really received some awesome gifts! Your family has great taste & insight!
    I love your beautiful home! So warm, homey &personable. Next year,maybe u will have time to decorate!(so much fun for me,usually-but not this yr.),BTW I'm still not back at work yet-my foot isn't healed totally(Jones fx ) is the slowest healing fracture there is, d/t decreased blood flow!To top that off I have gout in that same foot- fire red,painful and swollen! Double trouble:/ouch!(say a little prayer for me pls:)
    Next year will be different for so many of us!Excited to see what lies ahead:) Take care my dears, and enjoy every minute of your life as it unfolds.Thanks for sharing:-) Hope to hear from you again soon!-Judy P.S. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Scentsy!!! It's especially good for just keeping on in the bathroom during events we host. It gives just enough light that people can find it, and the room always smells fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like Eric, Josh and my dad will have to compare bird notes. I still find it odd how much these men love their birds!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!