I know, I know, it was not long ago when I wrote this 10 more years, please? but.....
We are pleased to announce that we are expecting a baby June 15th!!!
It has shown me that I am not always in charge.
Such perfect timing to share with all of our friends & family over Christmas....and see everyone's excitement in person!! This will be the first grand child for both my parents & Eric's mom.
Not having any siblings or any frequently seen friends with kids, we are not up on all the kid things and the process for everything, but we are learning! Sifting through all the baby stuff for sale is quite overwhelming, so I will gladly take any and all advice/suggestions on what items parents like, what to skip, tips, etc.
It was so amazing hearing the heart beat & even more amazing to have our first ultrasound on Friday. Seeing the elbow bending & the body moving was more that I expected! I guess I had just pictured the baby being so small that it wasn't moving that much yet. It also helped bring me one step closer to believing this is all really happening. They moved my due date ahead from June 21st to now June 15th (closer to Eric's mom's b-day June 14th). I'm currently 18 weeks or so.
I have been so lucky to have felt really good so far; only a couple days of mild nausea, no vomiting. I was extremely tired at the start, but that seems to be standard.
Yay!! It's official now-the cat's out of the"b-e-eg"(bag)! I could hear u saying that so clearly w/your accent:)
ReplyDeleteAnd of course you look ravishing! Most "preggos" do. (new word I p/u off of FB). If I hear any new/cool/creative baby stuff, I'll let you know! Congrats again- don't take one blessed day for granted! This is your time for u & Eric to bond w/ your seed. Thank God for it everyday:-) Love- (Judy)<3
Congratulations!!!! It's one crazy ride, but is oh so much fun.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Yeah, Yeah - Babies are SO WONDERFUL! Hopefully I will remember to come back to this and send you a message on things that Craig and I think are essentials :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Heather!
You look adorable with that little baby bump. I can't wait to watch it grow! I am so excited for you two. I will send you a list of what I think parents need...we tried to get as little as possible, just the essentials you know...and well, we still got way too much. I am so glad you are feeling good. Enjoy every minute of being pregnant. It goes by so fast!
ReplyDeleteYAYAY!!!!!!! So excited for you.
ReplyDeleteYayyyy! Congratulations! That is so exciting! Enjoy it all because it goes so fast. So glad you are feeling well too...it makes the whole process much easier. As far as advice....you are both educated people and just know that whatever decisions you make will be just fine. Take all the suggestions with a grain of salt and follow your gut.
ReplyDeleteHeather you look so good! I am glad we got to find out in person at break! I really want to know if you r doing a shower...if I wasn't having a new born in may I would drive everything up to you in Saskatoon. :) I am sure your family will be visiting aftere baby or before so I will have an opportunity to sent something up even though babies are tiny, the crap they require is huge! Here are some tips for things I loved, playtex drop in baby bottles---will seemed to get too gassy with other bottles, bouncer seat (slept in that for first two weeks.), zip up Carter's sleep and play because buttoning up pajamas really sucks and aveeno baby wash. It smells so good! I could have lived without the whole baby set things because it is expensive and you cant even use the bumpers because of SIDS! I also didn't have a diapers genie and didn't miss one although I have friends thtq love their diaper genie. That is it for now, I love the blog and will check it out more frequently now! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteHey Heather and Eric! Such exciting news. Congratulations!! It's so fun reading your blog updates!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes!
Heather! Congrats on your little addition!
ReplyDeleteOh so wonderful!! They are truly a blessing and a life changer. But a good life changer! Can't wait to see more posts. I love following your blog.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Looks like I'm a little slow here... Unfortunately, I don't have any intelligent/useful advice for babies. I do, however, have lots of absurd/useless advice if you need any. Just let me know.
ReplyDelete