February 07, 2012

Well over half-way!

Almost 22 weeks....time is actually going by a bit fast if you ask me.....I must be growing as expected as I spoke with a lady who happened to do previous work as a midwife & she was dead on with guessing how far along I am.
I really am enjoying pregnancy, minus not being able to see anyone & "share" it with anyone, except Eric of course.  It really helps that I feel well.



I started a prenatal Pilates class; really low key, actually probably more low-key than the class I lead at the retirement home, but nice to be in a room full of other pregnant women.  And I like the focus on posture.  I do wish there was a bit more chit-chat, as we all stare at each other, curiously I'm sure, for an hour and then we just clean our mats & leave.  But I suppose, on a Wednesday night, most people are tired from work and/or want to get home to their families....

I definitely have grown in the last few weeks.  Finding clothes has started to become more of a challenge.  I haven't had the best luck with finding second-hand clothes and spending money on new clothes is just not very fun.  They have a Value Village here, similar to Goodwill, but they just have a tiny maternity section & the clothes look like the women had to have been pregnant 20 years ago.  I think I'm going to stick with the couple pairs of pants I have & just wear them often.  Saskatoon is definitely lacking in maternity lines, with no Target or Kohls.  The baby stores are also limited and, therefore, quite expensive, since they lack competition, and again a big gap with no Target.  (Target is arriving in 2013...but if they put it where I've heard they are putting it....in an already crowded area with limited parking, it is going to be mass-chaos.  I think Canadians are going to go nuts over Target.  It really is the type of store that is missing.....the in-between Walmart & the department stores).  I have also had limited luck with second-hand baby clothes.  I found two nice onesies, one I paid $1.99 but later was looking at Walmart & saw basically the same thing, except new of course, for $3.50, so I don't know if I really made out so well. 

We decided to enjoy the surprise & not find out the sex of the baby.   It adds a small challenge when looking for supplies, but it does take away the desire to buy too many cute boy or girl things that we probably wouldn't need anyway.

We are trying to form a list of items needed for this baby's arrival, but it is extremely overwhelming.  About a month ago I walked into a baby store, felt completely disconnected from everything & just had to walk out.  Thankfully, I have heard others who have done the same thing...it is such an emotional transition/process.  I am slowly getting better at looking at items and visualizing what we want/need.  Luckily, a lot of friends have had children, so we are getting some great suggestions.


6 comments:

  1. Hey Heather- You look like a Mommy! You are slowly developing into one:)The word I'm looking for is Gorgeous! Btw- Hey what about small-med mens T-shirts? They may be too big in shoulders but the belly will protrude and take care of that!Just a thought:0 (new or used). Thanks for keeping us informed! I bet you have a girl-your belly is shaped like it. Boys are more pointy!(lol)! Anyway-take care and stay healthy! Hi to Eric! <3 Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather- I felt the same way about baby stuff. I would LOVE to chat with you about your registry needs if you're interested. (I meant to post this to post a couple weeks ago, but forgot to comment.) Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Heather, Maybe try amazon :-) You can find other people's lists for baby stuff, at least it gives you some idea. Hi to Eric. Xiang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I still had some maternity clothes, I would send them right up! Have you tried ebay? I know e-commerce in Canada is not the same as it is in the US.

    I have heard from my few friend in Canada that they really miss Target. So it's exciting as I hear the plans at work of how they are going to roll it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't buy much maternity clothes when I was pregnant- you'd be amazed at the tons of "normal clothes" that still work during pregnancy. (very loose fitting tops and stretchy bottoms at least). Also, have you checked Pinterest for baby inspiration? That helps a lot. And one more thing (hope it helps)I lived by the book "What to Expect when You're Expecting" when I was prego.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!