March 03, 2012

Bobby's Hot Tomato, Jack and Crab Dip

I made this for the Super Bowl and will definitely make it again.  The only changes I made were using dried basil vs. fresh because I didn't have any and I used imitation pollock crab from the deli.  Four small pieces of crab was all I used, for a cost of 50 cents and I think it added good flavor without over powering with crab.  It says it yields 8 servings; I can't remember, but I think the photo below is half, for a small crowd.  I'm a huge avocado lover, so I was attracted to this recipe.


I've been using a lot of Bobby Deen's recipes.  So many good ones.

Bobby's Hot Tomato, Jack and Crab Dip

Recipe courtesy Bobby Deen



Total Time: 45 min 
Prep: 15 min 
Cook: 30 min 
Yield: 8 servings 
Level: Easy
Ingredients
  • Nonstick spray
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) grated pepper Jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 limes, juiced
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Paula Deen)
  • 1 pound lump crabmeat, well drained and picked clean of shells
  • 1 cup seeded, diced tomatoes (2 medium tomatoes)
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions), white and light green parts
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
  • 2 avocados
  • Crackers or crusty bread, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, pepper Jack, mayonnaise, lime juice, and hot sauce until smooth. Fold in the crabmeat, tomatoes, green onions, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Smooth the mixture into baking dish. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Split, pit, peel, and dice the avocados and sprinkle them over the crab dip after it has cooled slightly. Serve warm with crackers or crusty bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment & say hi!