September 09, 2012

Micheels' Funny Reel

We made the most of our couple days in Grand Forks.  The day we thought our car was going to be fixed, we shopped in the morning at Target.  Saskatoon does not have a Target, so it was somewhat fun (if we had rested, it would have been more fun).  We filled a cart with a couple big boxes of diapers, wipes, some iced tea, notebooks..etc.  After we had checked out, we received a call from the mechanic saying they needed a few more hours.  We had already checked out of our hotel, so we had nowhere to go.  Guess who pushed a Target cart and a stroller back to the hotel lobby to hang out and watch the Olympics? The folks at the front desk asked if we were checking in.  We said nope, just hanging out waiting for our car to get fixed. Classy!

Annabel has been quite the boisterous tooter since birth.  Almost unreal.  When we were stuck in Grand Forks, ND on our trip to WI, we wondered around Kohl's some, since it was across the parking lot from our hotel.  We had separated for awhile in the store and when we reunited, Eric said "Annabel farted a couple times."  I believe I responded, "whoopdi doo, she does that all that time."  He looked at me and said, "no, you don't understand, I got blamed for it."  Annabel had tooted loudly and two (good-looking, Eric points out) women shot him confused scowls like "you born in a barn."  He just didn't think they would believe him if he pointed to little 9 lb Annabel and said "actually, it was her."

Annabel recently pulled a similar stunt on me.  We attended a free trial Mommy and Me Pilates class last week and as she was relaxing, laying on the mat, she let one out.  I know if others in the class knew it was her they would have looked my way or smiled  "oh, cute."  But everyone continued, straight-faced, trying to not embarrass the mom in the corner who supposedly passed gas during her pose. 

Mind you, in Wisconsin Eric and I were perceptually exhausted.  We arrived tired from the drive and then with the excitement of family and events, we continued on.  Annabel was then also sleeping anywhere from 3-5 hour stretches, but nothing consistent.  Anyway, this hilarious conversation occurred in Kmart as we were standing at the check out:
Heather:  "Wow, look at how big those are."  (referring to really large cans of Mt. Dew...24 oz cans....in a glass cooler by the exit)
Eric:  "Wow, yeah, they are huge." (referring to a huge pair of UWEC sweatpants, not knowing I was talking about Mt. Dew)
Heather:  "I think the big writing makes them look even bigger."
Eric:  "yeah."
Heather:  "I'd have to use two hands." (Eric said he was thinking..."okay, weird")
Lady in front of us in line: "yeah, you would have to pick me off the floor after one of those." (Eric was then further thinking, "ok, also weird. What is wrong with that lady?")
Eric: "Heather, you wouldn't even have to wear a shirt."  (at this point, I was thinking "okay, Eric, usually you are pretty witty, but that didn't make any sense at all).
Heather: "What?"
Eric:  "Those sweat pants; they are so big you wouldn't have to wear a shirt."  "Why, what were you talking about?"



2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the Kmart conversation that I cried! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot stop laughing about the Kmart conversation! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!