November 25, 2011

Eric's 33rd & Thanksgiving

We had two quiet, yet very nice, celebrations this week.

Eric turned 33 on Nov. 22.  We stayed in and had spaghetti and meatballs (using the meatball recipe from here).  We also watched the movie The American since it was the free Hot Title at the library (not for an nostalgic reason)--it was ok.  We ended the night with Eric once again dominating in Scrabble.  He claims he got lucky on few with getting bonus points.  I was just proud I had more 3+ letter words than I usually do!  And we did have some cake after all, a DQ ice cream roll, which we are still eating.



Eric stayed home for Thanksgiving day, mostly to watch the Packers.  We made smaller portions of our favorite dishes (sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green bean casserole) and bought a rotisserie chicken.  I've seen people buy these often, but I had never tried one.  We both thought it was okay; although much better than making a turkey & having way too many leftovers.

We are thankful this Thanksgiving for family, each other, Eric's job, a nice place to live, new adventures and opportunities, health, and plans to drive home for Christmas this year!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather-Your dinner looks great! They actually have DQ there? Cool cake:)Happy U 2 get to go home for Christmas!!! Bill & I will be having family at our house for his gourmet"soulful" meals! Keep informing us of your new adventures, its like fairy tale come true! I'm so proud of u:) BTW-your home looks warm &cozy yet contemporary! I like it. Talk later before the next holiday! <3 Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell eric happy belated rolling rock (33)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cake! Happy belated bday Eric!!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!