Looks like we are now at the start of our first Saskatchewan winter. It snowed for the first time last Sunday, creating a beautiful scene but I was thankful we had a short drive to church and no other driving plans that day. I don't mind the snow, minus the fact that it can interrupt plans. Since the temp. has been about 28F, the snow has stayed and we added about 3 inches the other night. I didn't think it was too bad that we only beat WI to the snow by about 4 days, although it is now in the 50s there so I imagine the snow is all gone.
Saskatoon is called one of "the sunniest cities in Canada." We had a gorgeous summer and fall (except I really missed seeing the red colored leaves---it's just too cold up here to get that color). Saskatoon's other nickname is "the Paris of the Prairies," which I think is a bit of a stretch.....
We finished up our last golf outing the weekend before last, even wearing hats & gloves. It was so fun to get out to golf many times this summer. To show how poor I was when we started, I improved 20 strokes this season. I'm looking forward to getting new golf clubs, as I got mine on the cheap from a girl at work in IL and they really are too long for me. Although they sure beat the set I had before that-- light blue & wooden! My friend Chuck used to laugh at me when I got those antiques out.
Eric's mom, June, has been visiting this past week. More details about our week to come, including our debut lefse-making!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment & say hi!