March 11, 2012

Mail Surprises

Two fun packages have recently arrived, one full of baby items from Eric's childhood and one from our amazing IL friends.

This adorable stuffed animal is from Megan's mom Susan.  It's similar to a sock monkey, but a cat!  I just love it!  This little outfit was Eric's as a baby; to me it looks straight out of The Sound of Music with the high waist and flared leg!  So cute! 

The middle afghan was made for Eric by his grandma, Selma, who since has passed.  It still looks brand new.  

Carol sent us few gently used onesies (& some maternity clothes, that somehow fit).  Two are neutral; one probably more for a boy.  Our friends (Nick, Meredith, Josh, and Megan) spent some time in MN touring the Spam factory, so they sent us a souvenir.  Megan's favorite place in the world is Maui...you should feel how soft that yellow onesie is!



Definitely starting to fill out some shirts!  26 weeks this coming Thursday.  I heard the baby is working on forming eyes and practicing blinking this week.  This was taken last night before we went to dinner and a band with a couple I had met through volunteering.  We also joined the same Pilates class; we are due two days from each other.  The baby was moving a bit with the sound of the loud rock music.  Josh, maybe we will have to move towards more rock names than jazz......
I have a day off tomorrow, as 37.5 hours is FT, so I get every third Monday off!  What a great benefit; I always saved my vacation days for travel at my previous job, so I never had just a single day off during the week.  I probably should spend some time looking for baby products....

2 comments:

  1. Heather, you look great! Love the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maui onesie may be soft, but the SPAM onsie is a tough, working man's ensemble much like the salted, cured pork product it advertises.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!