September 04, 2011

Homemade Meatballs

We made spaghetti & meatballs the other night & it was so good, I wanted to share.  Usually we just add ground beef to Prego sauce & call it good, but I wanted to try meatballs for a change.  I found this recipe  Cooks.com - Recipe - Parmesan Beef Balls online.  I only used the meatball recipe, used bread as we didn't have crackers, and browned them in a skillet, then baked them at 350 for 20 min. or so.  I also used Paul Newman's Garlic & Basil (or something like that) tomato sauce, because it was on sale.  We threw in zucchini & mushrooms to the sauce; I think the zucchini is what really added great flavor!   We have spaghetti often, as I also did growing up, since it's cheap, easy, and fast.  The veggies add a bit of variety and increased our vegetable intake. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds good! I have to make a bunch of meatballs for the freezer this month before sugar beet harvest hits. I drive a 10-wheeler truck which still greatly upsets my brothers... with whom I've crashed vehicles. :o)I like to get some meals in the freezer and meatballs are great for quick meals like spaghetti or Swedish meatballs. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment & say hi!